Saturday, November 10, 2012

My wash day Routine & deep conditon cocktail !

                                                                  

Okay so I am on quite the posting spree. 

 I have found the perfect wash day cocktail for  my very 4c very thick afro textured hair!
 I got this recipe for PGniecey on Youtube but ran out of product so  I decided that i would make it from products that I already have.

In nieceys video she uses:

  • Suave almond & shea butter conditioner
  • Garnier fructis dryness reversal treatment
  • Jojoba oil
  • Honey
My version of neiceys deep conditioner:
  • Shea moisture restorative conditioner
  • Garnier Fructis dryness reversal treatment
  • Honey
Here is my wash day step by step (usually on a monday)

  1.  Tropic Isle Jamaican Black Castor Castor Oil red pimento oil treatment
  • Apply as if I am oiling my scalp 
  • Braid hair in 4 sections.
  • apply plastic cap to trap heat for 20 minutes.
  • after 20 minutes  section by section  wash with shea moisture moisture retention shampoo
  • Apply deep conditioner
  • put back into 4 sections
  •  Hairtherapy wrap for 30-45 minutes
    •    RINSE THE DEEP CONDITIONER OUT (all caps because I had a bad experience because I didnt).
  • Apply water based leave in (for me its neutogena triple moisture leave in cream)
  • Style as usual

Hope you enjoyed this post

3 comments:

  1. Out of curiostiy, what happened when you left your deep conditioner in?
    Also, how do you like the neutrogena triple moisture leave in? I want to try it.

    You reminded me to do a deep conditioning treatment tonight, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair stuck together really bad and the next day when i went to get my hair braided my braider was so rough with my precious tresses. now when i do it i rinse it out and my hair is super shiny!. love the NTM but me being the pj that i am i want to try naturalista cosmetics juicy leave in.

      You are so welcome for the reminder:)

      Delete
  2. Love your regimen. Very simple and the products are affordable! !!

    ReplyDelete