Sunday, May 26, 2013

IM A JUICING /SMOOTHIE ADDICT AND I LOVE IT!!

 I Started juicing a month or so ago and now I Can't stop! couldn't stand grocery shopping with mom but now go to the store just for fruits and vegetables. Spinach , Avocado and beets are among my favorite things to juice/make smoothies out of. Here is a juice that I made today.
Here is a picture of the juice after it was done. The color is quite unfavorable but it tasted delicious!

Im calling this "The Detox Juice". 
 I started to follow this recipe from www.divascancook.com . Which was supposed to be homemade vegetable juice but instead turned into a detox.
 Here is the original recipe.

  • 2 gala apples
  • 2 large carrots
  • 1 orange
  • 3-4 large kale leaves
  • 1 cup blackberries   
The website also has some substitutions:
  •   substitute kale for spinach
  • substitute  blackberries with blueberries
  • substitute apples with pears
  • substitute oranges with clementines
Honestly, I veered all the way off with the recipe. 
 Here are the approximate measurements of the detox juice.

1 apple ( any kind)
2 carrots
3-4 cups of baby spinach
1 cup blueberries
1 tbsp blackberries
1 pear.

Couldn't find clementines at the store so i just skipped them all together.

If you are looking to detox this juice would be perfect because it also tastes yummy !. I would recommend staying close to a bathroom.though.

leave any comments ?s or suggestions below

Enjoy!

1 comment: